The temperatures here in Northeast Ohio have been in a downward spiral over the last several weeks. With no end to these frigid temperatures in sight, we thought we would pass along a few tips to help you keep your forklifts running at peak performance.
- Have your batteries and charging systems checked to make sure they are operating at optimum performance.
- Clean, flush and put new antifreeze in the cooling system. This should be done at least once a year.
- Check the tire tread depth and tire pressure. During the winter months this should be done weekly.
- Be diligent about changing your oil and filter at the recommended intervals. If your truck stays outside for long periods of time you may consider changing to “winter weight” oil.
- Have your technician check fuel, air, hydraulic and transmission filters at the same time.
- Have your tune ups done before the cold weather hits. Winter magnifies existing problems such as hard starts, sluggish performance or rough idling.
- Have your breaks checked to confirm that the lift trucks braking system is working properly.
- Have the exhaust system checked for carbon monoxide leaks, which can be especially dangerous during the cold winter months while your truck is stored indoors.
- Check all warning lights, work lights and tail lights to ensure they are operating properly.
Let Fallsway help you keep your forklifts running in tip top shape during these cold winter months. Give us a call today at 330-633-6000 or contact us and find out what we can do for you!