Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. (MCFA) our proudly supported product line is celebrating a major milestone, marking 25 years of quality materials handling production and distribution. Founded July 1st, 1992, MCFA has expanded its Houston-based manufacturing facilities over the last several years to accommodate the growth and demand for all products offered.
“MCFA has undergone a remarkable transformation over the last 25 years,” says Ken Barina, president of MCFA. “From a small operation of 335 employees to the nearly 1,200 we have today, MCFA has continued to make significant strides in not only the Class IV and V internal combustion forklift market, but also in the electric segment with our innovative Class I, II and III warehouse products.”
Take a look at a few of the advances made by MCFA over the last quarter of a century:
- Adding Jungheinrich- branded warehouse products to the existing product lines of Cat lift trucks and Mitsubishi forklift trucks expanded the ability to offer customers access to all five classes of lift trucks.
- Opened up a new facility dedicated to electric assembly, a move that brought a 40% increase in production capability and created new manufacturing jobs in Houston.
- Localized product of several key products, such as Cat and Mitsubishi 6-16 ton internal combustion models to Houston reduced the lead times on these machines.
- Introduced Warehouse Navigation Technology in North America, for customers who are looking for a semi-automated solution to operating lift trucks in narrow aisle applications.
- The joint venture with Jungheinrich AG to form industrial components of Texas, LLC (ICOTEX), this new company will manufacture industrial components. There has been a dedicated 71,000- square-foot facility dedicated to being built in Conroe, Texas, and is scheduled to open in August 2017.
Marking another huge milestone for the company, MCFA will celebrate the production of its 450,000th forklift later this year. They will also begin the second expansion of its electric assembly building, doubling the amount of production space dedicated to electric forklift models on MCFA’s Houston campus.
To learn more about our product lines Jungheinrich, Cat, and Mitsubishi from MCFA, contact us at 330-633-6000!