Flexibility is essential for any business and renting forklifts can be a different approach to lowering costs on a short-term basis. Understanding a lift truck rental agreement will help maximize the benefits you can gain from using a short-term forklift rental, thus aligning with your business’s particular needs.
Factors to Consider:
The first factor to consider would be if there will be a demand for more forklift capacity in the future. Depending on the need, the cost to rent a forklift on a short-term basis can save you money if you’re able to secure a low rate. Short-term rentals are ideal for:
- Replacing forklifts that are out for service or repairs.
- Temporary goods demand larger capacities or extended reach.
- Seasonal demand increases.
- Need to maintain productivity until a new forklift works with the budget.
- Testing different models to determine what fits best.
Rentals are Temporary Costs:
Forklift rentals are a temporary expense for decision-makers to have a much greater flexibility when managing the budget. Not every business can go out and spend money on a new or used forklift, especially when other business questions should be answered first, for instance:
- Is there room for in your budgeting for flexibility?
- Will growing the business require more equipment needs?
- Are you providing your own forklift maintenance or leaving it to someone else? (Local forklift dealer)
- Does your business demand guaranteed uptime? (Full-Maintenance)
If you need to go beyond the short-term rental, consider speaking to one of our local territory managers first to make sure you get the most out of the rental. Talk to us about the type of loads (weights & sizes), height required to lift, operating condition and surface, or any special requirements your facility has.
Once you feel like you have a general idea of your forklift needs, we can talk specifics like:
- Is there a need for additional features, like attachments, alarms, or warning lights?
- If you use an electric forklift, you will need to review the battery charger requirements. Do you need professional help for installation? Ask us what options we would recommend for your application.
- Establish a general idea of how long you will need the rental. This can help reduce the rates, thus saving you money.
For more information about forklift rentals call our rental department at 330-633-6000 or visit our forklift rental page.