Today, fleet owners are offered a large variety of types, sizes, and application-specific lift trucks that serve a specific purpose. Equipment choice ultimately factors into the overall throughput, efficiency, and safety of the operation. When it comes down to it, the choice of tires for the forklift can be one of the most influential factors in efficiency and operating costs for that machine at the application. Now let’s get into some of the key points when picking forklift tires:
Cushion or Pneumatic Forklift Tires:
The type of tires your forklift has been specifically designed for the surface the machine will be operating most efficiently on and choosing the right tire will impact your machines maximum performance.
- Cushion tires should ONLY be operated on smooth concrete surfaces, most commonly at indoor working facilities. These tires are typically smaller than comparable capacity pneumatic models.
- Pneumatic tires can go indoors and outdoor surfaces like blacktop, stone, or dirt, but not on rough terrains like fields or severely unsurfaced lots. These tires have a wider versatility of where they can be operated on, thus giving them more resale value.
Tire Tread and Profile Style
Not only are there different types of tires (Cushion or Pneumatic), but there are also different treads and profile styles you can get with your forklift. Depending on the type of application it is driven on will affect the tread or profile style you may need. The options available are:
- Smooth tires: Typically for dry indoor applications and all steer axles.
- Traction tires: A general-purpose use in wide variety of applications.
- Grooved tires: Designed for larger-capacity trucks where loads and operating conditions are extreme.
- Wide-track traction tires: All-season indoor or outdoor use tire.
The quality and consistency of material are major factors when determining tire performance. If you want your tires to last longer and perform better, determine the correct tread and profile style for maximum efficiency.
For help with selecting the right forklift tires for your application, contact us at 330-633-6000
The Jungheinrich ETR: Pantographic Reach Truck is a leading industry stand-up end control reach truck, built for longer run times and excellent stability for exceptional operator confidence. The ETR series combines Jungheinrich’s technological advances and design to guarantee these reach trucks are energy efficient, dynamic in accuracy and control for outstanding productivity for your business.
AC Technology: No competition:
It’s no secret… Jungheinrich has set the industry standard with their advances in 3-phase AC technology. They have continued to improve and perfect this technology over the past 20 years. This advance in technology has been integrated into each one of the new reach trucks, delivering:
- Lower energy consumption.
- Longer run times (2 Shifts 1 Charge).
- Powerful acceleration.
- Lift speeds up to 160 feet per minute.
- Excellent energy management.
- A quick change in direction of travel without delay.
Speed, Precision, and Handling: Results in Performance:
Moving more pallets quickly is what every operator and business owner wants right? With the technological advances in the ETR reach trucks, precisely handle pallets with confident stability – even at high lifting heights. The intuitive control handle and security features provide operators with greater productivity through their shifts. Top benefits with the ETR include:
- Intuitive operator controls.
- Added security like:
- Automatic speed reduction or curveCONTROL.
- Steer with control.
- Automatic parking brake.
- Three programmable performance levels.
- Customized for max performance in your business.
Reaching New Heights:
The ETR reach truck delivers industry-leading performance with its unmatched high lift height stability. Keep your operator feeling confident, while reducing the risk of costly product damages. Some of the top benefits include:
- Superior stability with:
- Baselegs welded to chassis.
- Dual-articulating load wheels.
- The advanced mast for increase load stability.
- Informative display monitor.
- Operator compartment comfort includes:
- Soft rubber back, arm, and knee cushions.
- Ergo-cushioned floor.
- Low entry step.
- Enhanced visibility through the compartment.
Jungheinrich ETR pantographic reach trucks are leading the industry in performance and efficiency that your business demands. For more information about these innovative forklifts, contact us to speak to our Jungheinrich specialists.
The material handling industry is evolving with new technology every day. Companies are finding new ways to move products at efficient rates, saving both time and money. AGV’s or Automated guided vehicles are forklifts that do not require an operator to function. The goal of an automated solution is to improve your operations warehousing efficiency and thus increasing profitability while reducing the overall costs.
Why choose AGV’s?
- Operators are eliminated, along with the error that comes with them. There are no damages to customer products, buildings, or machinery, thus saving costs on replacing misuse and abuse.
- The increase in warehouse safety will dramatically increase safety records.
- Reliably work 24/7 in critical 3 shift operations. Sleep easy at night knowing that your warehouse is still hard at work!
- Every AGV’s path is traceable, thus being able to identify product movement in your warehouse.
- They have a low life-cycle cost.
- Dramatically reduce operation and maintenance costs from hefty repair bills on machines
Traditionally automation projects have been expensive, slow, or inflexible to implement, but technology has been changing and developing to make the futuristic warehouse more of a reality. With the help of our experts, we can design a warehouse capable of full automation with various units all working in sync towards one common goal, efficiency. Automation can show impressive cost savings to the warehouse, especially in areas that your employee is handling longer load transfers. It will save employees for other tasks around the warehouse instead of cookie cutter, routine tasks automation can handle.
Take reliability and efficiency to the next level with AGV’s. They are a durable, flexible, and modular solution that will deliver a short ROI. The technology has been around for decades and has been proven to work in various applications.
For more information contact us at 330-633-6000 to speak with a material handling expert.